2015 Golden Prospector Awards
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Posted by: Bridgette Blair
The Arizona Association for Economic Development (AAED) has presented four Golden Prospector Awards and eight Golden Prospector Awards of Merit, to encourage and recognize excellence in economic development.
Winning 2015 Golden Prospector Awards were: the Town of Gilbert for its multimedia promotions, “Standing Out from the Crowd at BIO International” and “Talk of the Trade Series,” the Town of Queen Creek for its marketing brochure, “Economic Profile,” and AZ Culture for its special event, “Cottonwood Culture Challenge.”
The multimedia promotions included a promotional piece, series of promotional pieces or promotional campaign that contained non-printed elements. These included videos, mailed promotional items, etc.
The marketing brochures were required to introduce the state, county, community, region, or area of expertise to either:
· Prospects for industrial, commercial, retail, or general development opportunities, or
· A specific purpose, such as promoting an industrial park or other specific types of promotions.
The special events category includes meetings, seminars, marketing tours, events, or trips designed to develop prospects and promote economic development.
Golden Prospector Awards of Merit went to:
• Town of Gilbert, ‘Inaugural Annual Report”
• City of Phoenix, “Phoenix is Hot!”
• City of Mesa, “Technology Brochure”
• City of Flagstaff, “Flagstaff Business Accelerator Magazine”:
Deal of the Year
• Sun Corridor, Inc., “HomeGoods Distribution Facility”
• City of Scottsdale, “Cure Corridor Event”
• Town of Gilbert, “ASU Bio Meets Gilbert Bio”
• City of Scottsdale, “ ‘Work Scottsdale’ Talent Attraction Initiative”
The awards were presented at AAED’s Fall Forum in Tucson.